poornerd

my thoughts on programming and other nerdy stuff

My Upgrade from Play! Framework 2.0.4 to 2.1.0 went smooth except for these few things

| 5 Comments

Today I decided to upgrade from Play Frame­work 2.0.4 to the newly released 2.1.0.

I fol­lowed their help­ful guide: http://​www​.playframe​work​.com/​d​o​c​u​m​e​n​t​a​t​i​o​n​/​2​.​1​.​0​/​M​i​g​r​a​t​ion

Here is a list of the prob­lems I had, and how I solved them:

  1. When it says change the import in the Build.scala to 
    import play.Project._

    Don’t for­get the “play.

  2. It says that “the mainLang para­me­ter for the project is not required any­more” — but it really means remove it.
  3. I also had to Google to fig­ure how to update this dependency:
    "com.typesafe" %% "play-plugins-mailer" % "2.1-RC2"
  4. I also ended up hav­ing to update the depen­den­cies for Dead­bolt as well to the following:
    "be.objectify" %% "deadbolt-core" % "2.1-SNAPSHOT",
    "be.objectify" %% "deadbolt-java" % "2.1-SNAPSHOT",

Oth­er­wise, fol­low the instruc­tions — the rest was pretty straight forward.

I also used a pull request from the PVM (Play Ver­sion Man­ager) to down­load and switch Play Frame­work Versions.

If you have read this far, you may as well fol­low me on Twit­ter:

Author: poornerd

Tech­nol­o­gist, Entre­pre­neur, Vision­ary, Pro­gram­mer :: Grad­u­ated from USC (Uni­ver­sity of South­ern Cal­i­for­nia) with a degree in Com­puter Sci­ence. After 10+ years of free­lance con­sult­ing and pro­gram­ming, he co-founded Site­Force AG eBusi­ness Solu­tions in 1999 in Munich (München), Ger­many.

5 Comments

  1. You mean 2.1.0, not “newly released 2.0.1″.
    And 2 more minur text cor­rec­tions:
    And “for get” => “for­get“
    “how how” => “out how”

    Thanks for paving the way… I’ll try to upgrade mine soon.

  2. Thanks for the tricks, it helped me alot, espe­cially with the mailer plu­gin problem.

  3. Hi Brian, thank you for shar­ing this, I was just upgrad­ing and this was nice addi­tional info to orig­i­nal migra­tion guide.

  4. Since your blog came up first on google again ;-) I find this worth adding:
    1) the mailer plu­gin is now avail­able as 2.1.0 (no “2.1-RC2” any­more).
    2) another undoc­u­mented incom­pat­i­bil­ity I came across: instead of new Html(myString) it’s now Html.apply(myString)

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.